Wednesday, June 10, 2009

My Legs got Butterflies

Earlier this year, I made it a point to set out time to run. Which often clocks in after work at 6.40pm when on some days, I could hardly even drag myself to my running shoe given the type of work I do. On better days, a good run is usually comforting. It helps my mind stay clear and builds momentum that kicks in when I keep up a good running streak.

So to keep me away from undue excuses and to keep my resolutions real, I am running the Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2009 that will take place in 17 days time. Though it's not the full 42km, maybe next time. I'll be running half the marathon (21km). Last week I had to stay in bed due to lower back pain which subsequently dragged to this week. If I ever over exert my body again, I'm in deep trouble.

Come to think about it, I doubt it's going to be easy. I was never an athlete and hadn't got a single clue with the pace I'm comfortable with for long distance.

But all that matters this time round is to finish the race, cross the line and get that damn medal! No matter what it takes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

how mai daougs how iz u enlish bcum so powerful n liek got so much improvmnt within a year?

Yenswky said...

Haha... lil boy grew up haha...And can you pls take care of ur back ah boy... sigh you two ah...

Malaria Max said...

Goddamn. run in this weather? respect +10

Philip Pang said...

yenswky: hey, thanks. we will. on behalf of him I speak. lol.

Max: it starts at 6.30am.. guess the morning sun won't be that bad.. unless i suck so badly and finish at noon.