Friday, May 30, 2008

Priceless

I used to dread for freedom when I was a kid.

Happiness used to be taking out money from my wallet and passing it to the uncle for exchange of nasi lemak and rubbing watermelon rind against my face in the toilet because my mum told me it was good for my skin while my friends laughed. Well, that was all in Sri Utama. Where I met Jonathan Long who saw my wee-wee and some other turtle friends.

Things took its toll while I was in Sri Tebrau. Well, not much really. I hated going home after school so much so that my friend and I found a day care centre and got ourselves enrolled in. That's another chapter altogether.

Traveling was then part of a routine. I'd travel around Tmn Sentosa and Tmn Sri Tebrau on a public bus to explore my world which was well, 3 tamans big. Somehow I was really happy back then. All sorts of things amazed me. The long gearstick, the way the bus turns and the fact that I'm on a public bus and my friends were on a school bus. After a long day, I'd go home and dream of driving a bus. Quite a young explorer eh.

and secondary school?

my legs got lazy.


and girls turned attractive.
who can still be bothered with buses then?

even my underwear changed for Pete's sake.

7 comments:

Victor said...

lol. not only for girls, i think u've become attractive to them too. heh heh heh...

Victor said...

i love this post for its down-to-earth, creativity n uniqueness in writing style, and straight talk ang-mo style humour.

wish i could write like that, kudos!

revelationx said...

phil! lets go wee wee..lol..

Philip Pang said...

Vic : hey vic, thanks! but I don't find it very ang moh leh. haha. You have your own distinctive way of writing and I like that. All the best for your exam !

unknown : huh!? you sure? haha. wait, are you a dude or a chick? lol. who are you eh!?

starryestelle said...

interesting entry :)

Unknown said...

turtle friends... hahaha.

Wei-xun said...

I think if you didn't change your underwear when you moved from primary to secondary school, your wee wee would be a tad bit small now.

No space = No liberation = No growth.

Don't you think?

:)